Magnesium: a magical mineral for all of us!
Magnesium tablets have become indispensable on the shelves of any drugstore or health store. Not so strange, because magnesium is a mineral with unbelievably many talents. It is super important for our body because it plays a role in various processes in the body, both physical and mental. Then you have to think of the maintenance of flexible muscles and strong bones, the activation of natural energy in the body, the contribution to a clear mind and the reduction of fatigue. That's not nothing! But before you resort to magnesium tablets; how do you ensure that you get enough magnesium every day so that all those processes in our body continue to run optimally? Our body can absorb magnesium from food, including bread and grain products, dark green leafy vegetables, dairy products, meat, nuts and legumes. With a varied diet you often get enough of it. But there are times when your body could use some extra magnesium. A magnesium supplement in the form of magnesium tablets or magnesium capsules can then offer a solution.
When can I take extra magnesium pills?
There are several times when your body may need some extra magnesium. Magnesium and magnesium in tablets are good for many physical and mental functions. Below we list the most acclaimed benefits of this wonder mineral:
- magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- magnesium plays a role in the cell division process
- magnesium contributes to normal energy management
- magnesium helps keep teeth strong
- magnesium contributes to a clear mind
- magnesium contributes to normal muscle function
- magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- magnesium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Bisglycinate: Which Are the Best Magnesium Tablets?
There are many types and shapes of magnesium tablets on the market. The best known are citrate and bisglycinate. It depends on your personal goal to determine what the best magnesium tablets are for you. At Golden Naturals we are regularly asked the following questions: what is the difference between magnesium citrate and magnesium bisglycinate? And is one shape better than the other? What is the best magnesium? We have the answers! To begin with, the magnesium is the same in all compounds, only the substance to which magnesium is bound differs. Magnesium citrate is an organically bound form: the body can absorb it well. We mainly recommend the citrate form if your goal is to maintain flexible muscles.
Magnesium bisglycinate: a special case
Magnesium bisglycinate is a special case. It is also a magnesium compound and organically bound like magnesium citrate. The special 'talent' of bisglycinate is that it bypasses the so-called 'mineral competition' in the body. That's how it works: several minerals use the same transporters, which hinders the absorption of magnesium. Only considers magnesium bisglycinate as an amino acid, which means that it is absorbed particularly well in our body, unlike the other magnesium compounds. In addition, bisglycinate consists of very fine, small particles, which means that it can also end up in your brain, something that citrate does less well or not at all. Magnesium bisglycinate is therefore the best choice for maintaining a good memory and a normal mental balance.
Use advice for magnesium tablets magnesium
- Do you use magnesium for your muscles? Then take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- Magnesium before or after exercise? Always a good idea! Then take 1x daily before training/competition and 2 magnesium tablets after training/competition.
- Do you want to use magnesium before or during stressful situations? Then take 1 magnesium tablet 3 times a day, the last tablet half an hour before going to bed.
- Do you want to use magnesium for the night or for your sleep? Then take a magnesium tablet half an hour before going to bed.
- To reduce fatigue, it is best to take magnesium in the morning at breakfast (2 tablets) and at lunch (1 tablet).
- For normal functioning of the muscles and nerves at night: 1 magnesium tablet half an hour after the evening meal and 2 magnesium tablets half an hour before going to bed.
Do magnesium tablets have possible side effects?
Magnesium tablets are safe to use for people with normal kidney function; any excess magnesium is quickly excreted by the kidneys. With normal intake of magnesium (in addition to your diet a maximum of 250 milligrams per day from supplements) there are hardly any side effects. Of course we do our utmost to inform you as fully as possible about the content and operation of all our Golden Naturals products. Unfortunately, we cannot provide (complete) information about all uses and possible side effects of magnesium tablets. Do you have any questions? Call us! We can be reached during office hours on +31(0)499-440222.